1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A little help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Realwinslow, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Realwinslow

Realwinslow Lurker

So im trying to unlock and root my friends phone and put a nice rom on it for him. Problem is im a bit lost after following [Revised] Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.5 Dummies Guide.
    In bootloader his phone says UNLOCKED at the top.
    H-Boot is 2.18.0001
    Now I cleared everything off the phone under recovery.
    I got to flash the rom via zip and it updates and completes.
    After that I reboot and it goes straight to the bootloader menu.
    I'm not sure if I installed the rom correctly any help would be many thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
    what are you wiping? try and wipe everything but the sd card. also did flash superwipe as well?

3. ocnbrze

sorry forgot to mention to wipe everything but the card and re-flash the ro and the same goes for superwipe as well.

4. Realwinslow

Realwinslow Lurker

thanks, i wiped using superwipe and wiping via the recovery tool. Problem is im trying to flash a rom but it seems not to work im just getting back into the bootscreen.

5. ocnbrze

ok you need to wipe first then flash the superwipe and then flash the rom in that order. flashing a rom and then wiping will wipe the rom clean (effectively deleting it).

also it could be a bad download.

what rom are you trying to flash?

6. Realwinslow

Realwinslow Lurker

Okay wiped data, system, boot, caches (everything but sd card ones) then flashed superwipe after it says install from sdcard complete. Looks good then i got to my sdcard and flash the rom. Im using a Teamremics v1.3.1. Do you have any good suggestion for a ICS rom for this device then?

7. Realwinslow

Realwinslow Lurker

After the robot its blocky for a while before going into bootloader.

8. ocnbrze

it is recommended with ics roms that you wait at least 10 min or so after reboot to do anything. ics has always been very laggy for me so i tend to stay away from them. plus i use 4g alot which they do not have working. so i can't really recommend one from another. i know team dirt is an excellent group of devs.

Mikestony and dustwun77 like this.
  9. Realwinslow

Realwinslow Lurker

Thanks so much for the help

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. ocnbrze

you are more then welcome. if you find an ics rom you like let us know about it.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews