• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help a little problem

wow what a suprise , I thought I was the only one having no signal issue. I got my one x on release day 5-6 april. I loved it straight away, but after a while I noticed issues with google navigation , also after recieving an incoming call, the screen went black and I couldnt get it back , I had press hold down the power key for 10 sec to reboot, all was ok from then on, however 2 days whilst using google navigation the phone sudddenly ha no signal , I intitially thought it was no issue it would come back. but I was wrong and in for suprise. I tried everything switching on and off, then confirmed that the sim was ok and it was the phone , occasionaly went phone is turned on for around 3 minutes the phone had a signal but then it would it loose signal again,also I noticed that the back of the phone around the camera lens was very hot indeed, In any case it the phone was fkuked, T mobile said they would have to send it to HTC for repair and gave a loan phone , (cheap nokia) great. Now I have to wait till comes back fingers crossed it should be sorted ,but Im going to contact HTC and get a report on what actually happened to it .I had a desire before with no issues, Honestly at the moment Im thinking of just selling the phone and going for a standard nokia phone such as E51 , atleast it solid and you dont have to charge the battery every night. I think these days technology is great but , making a phone do 1001 things will have an affect ,this is with any phone Iphone android blackberry they all got issues. So in a nutshell back to basics

Upvote 0
Typing this reply on my second HTC one X, having exactly the same problem as you guys dropping signal and refusing to get it back. After having my first one for a week or so I kept having to reset the phone to get signal back, I got rather annoyed so took it back to the carphone warehouse and got a second phone, the guy told me.I was one of the first to come in with this problem but he'd heard of it happening on other ICS upgraded devices so I imagine this is an OS fault rather than the phone itself, hope there is a fix soon, off to restart my phone again :mad:

Upvote 0
I checked online on tmobile repair tracker,below is the report so far

• Repair Description

- Replacement - Copper Foil,back_ENR#U
- Replacement - FRU-SUB ASSY,Generic Color,ANTBoard,w/o_Regional_ID,waterproof,ENR#U
- Replacement - Bezel Pre-Assy,HTC,UNIBODY,Brown Gray,Painting,ENR#U-C9#EMEA
- Replacement - Cable,HIROSE,WFL2-2HF6-04N2TV-A73.2HT,4,Black,w/oCE Label
- Replacement - Main Board,HTC,English-WWE,GBR,Band 1/2/5/8,Brown Gray,w/o SIM Lock,ENDEAVOR#U-C9#EMEA
- Replacement - BATTERY_LI-POLYMER,1800mAh,3.7V,ATL,ATL,445560,NMP-1155,Nowater label
- Screening

Received at Repair Centre - Software Upgrade Complete
Next Step: Test and Quality Control

Im no technician but i would say the phone was totally f**ked, and I cant believe tmobile went throught the hassle of repairing it just because the contract states it will can only be repaired after 7days, it would be easier to give a replacment, T&C's run the this crazy world.

Upvote 0
hello folks

latest update , is that after attempting to repair the phone with new parts , and then updating the software tmobile repair centre AKA SBE limited (these lot repair all mobiles excluding iphones)

then making me wait 14days , they now are giving a new handset which I told them to do on day 1, wot a bunch of To**ers.

But I managed to get 3months free line rental from Tmobile because of the headache. not bad

yes folks looks like the HTC one X has a serious issue with its Tegra , alot of handsets must affected, I just hope my new one is from the secound batch fingers crossed, all the best folks , and if anyone has signal issues with a HTC one X , I wouldnt wait a secound I would demand a replacement from your provider.

below is the latest from the tmobile repair tracker

Repair Description

- Unit exchange
- Replacement - Copper Foil,back_ENR#U
- Replacement - FRU-SUB ASSY,Generic Color,ANTBoard,w/o_Regional_ID,waterproof,ENR#U
- Replacement - Bezel Pre-Assy,HTC,UNIBODY,Brown Gray,Painting,ENR#U-C9#EMEA
- Replacement - Cable,HIROSE,WFL2-2HF6-04N2TV-A73.2HT,4,Black,w/oCE Label
- Replacement - BATTERY_LI-POLYMER,1800mAh,3.7V,ATL,ATL,445560,NMP-1155,Nowater label
- Screening

all the best for now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones