• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steven News. Baby pic!

Steven58

Former Heavyweight Champion of AF-Early Bird Club
Feb 19, 2010
USA
Folks:

I would like to catch folks up on my personal life. As many of you know, I've here like what 11 or 12 years more or less? I have two grown children. In 2017 my wife of 38 years less one month (exactly) passed away from cancer. It was a terrible, terrible time. It was a rare (quick) cancer. From diagnosis to her passing was roughly 18 months.

Two years into my grieving process, I met the woman who I would marry. She is 25 years younger. She loves me completely and respects me, teases me and makes me laugh. There is a maturity gap, but she puts up with my being immature. (Experiencing such tragedies makes me see the value of being silly).

Skip three years of marital bliss...aaaaaand Mrs Steven is pregnant (by choice). We're going to have a baby!!!!!!!

So, I wanted to tell the folks here of my joy. I also wanted to preach (I'm a preacher) that good things in life can follow the dark and tragic. Hang in there, friends. I'M HAPPY!!

God bless you my friends!

Steven

ok here is my official congratulations!!!!!!

congrats.jpg

Upvote 0
Steven, thanks for sharing your snapshot summary. It’s always good to hear positive news (although also marked by tragedy). I’m glad that the Lord blessed you with a loving wife and though she was called home “too soon,” that He has graced you with another to walk alongside you for as many years as He seems fit. Hopefully until the new one (and those to follow!) is out and established and able to help in your dotage. ;)

I wish you the best of luck and God’s gracious blessings as you continue to follow the path He has lit for you.

Upvote 0
Folks:

I would like to catch folks up on my personal life. As many of you know, I've here like what 11 or 12 years more or less? I have two grown children. In 2017 my wife of 38 years less one month (exactly) passed away from cancer. It was a terrible, terrible time. It was a rare (quick) cancer. From diagnosis to her passing was roughly 18 months.

Two years into my grieving process, I met the woman who I would marry. She is 25 years younger. She loves me completely and respects me, teases me and makes me laugh. There is a maturity gap, but she puts up with my being immature. (Experiencing such tragedies makes me see the value of being silly).

Skip three years of marital bliss...aaaaaand Mrs Steven is pregnant (by choice). We're going to have a baby!!!!!!!

So, I wanted to tell the folks here of my joy. I also wanted to preach (I'm a preacher) that good things in life can follow the dark and tragic. Hang in there, friends. I'M HAPPY!!

God bless you my friends!

Steven
I'm so happy for you, Steven! What an unexpected blessing at this point in life. :D

Personally, I cannot IMAGINE raising a child at this age; I'm beyond grateful I had my daughter when I was a teenager. Doing it now just seems unimaginable. But it sounds like you're up for it and ready to go! Is this your wife's first child? How do your other kids feel about the new sibling? (Apologies if I've given you children you don't have.) Kindly share every little detail as this chapter unfolds, okay?

Upvote 0
I'm so happy for you, Steven!Kindly share every little detail as this chapter unfolds, okay?

Sure. I have a 33 year old daughter and a 28 year old son. My son is taking this better than my daughter, possibly because my son is over our house a lot. My daughter is out of state. I am so happy!

Upvote 0
Sure. I have a 33 year old daughter and a 28 year old son. My son is taking this better than my daughter, possibly because my son is over our house a lot. My daughter is out of state. I am so happy!
Wow, I cannot imagine of having children on my age either, but congrats to making it to daughter number two.

Upvote 0
CONGRATULATIONS!!

May God grant you extra health and longevity to enjoy her (and your other children) for a long, long time. And tell your older kids to be kind and gracious because she may then be eager to help them in their dotage. ;)

I appreciate that bro. That's wisdom. I can see my daughter when she grows up with her aged siblings. You're right. They better be good to her!

Mozzarella Tov! (That's like Mazel Tov, but with extra cheese.)

Seriously Steven, you truly are blessed again.

I LOVE extra cheese! Ty, I do feel blessed. I'm so happy about all this.

Upvote 0
Just checking in, How's the lil girl doing Steven........ Pics ? when the time is ready.

Due December 2. Thank you for asking. Wife is really starting to show. She's not happy with her appearance, because she's an athlete. Our living situation is up for grabs which is putting pressure upon her in addition to her maternity hormones. I'm really trying to show her I'm there and I care. That's the best I can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones