• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reviews A little warning regarding the Z flip screen.

Snakeyeskm

Apr 8, 2014
US
I have absolutely no regrets buying the Z flip given its form factor and general performance. I also figured that keeping the screen closed with a decent case gave me as good protection as my galaxy S 10+ with the screen was always exposed.
Unfortunately, while examining the phone at an angle with the screen off, I noticed a smudge on the upper right-hand side of the screen. Cleaning the screen did not remove this very slight smudge. I then realized that it was the precise location of the edge screen "bar". Clearly, frequent usage of the edge screen feature, using just my finger was creating this smudge. Clearly the surface of the edge screen is not as robust as the galaxy S 10+ and users need to be aware of this.
Rather than wait, I promptly ordered a galaxy Z flip screen protector, without investigating the brand, and have been using that for the last several days. It seems to fit well, adhere well and is as sensitive as the naked screen. However time will tell.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones