1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A Major Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ddschmidt, Dec 3, 2011.

1. ddschmidt

ddschmidt Newbie

I have had an og droid rooted now for a few months and have run into a problem. It won't power back on fully nor go into recovery. I have flashed an .sbf file or two to see if that will jump start it. I also know to get into regular recovery, you use Power + X key, but every time it just boots to the white M logo and will not go any further. I have no trouble getting into the bootloader, but unable to get into either normal boot or recovery. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. istolvampire

istolvampire Android Enthusiast

It does this even if the phone is plugged into an electrical outlet(not usb)?

3. ddschmidt

ddschmidt Newbie

About once every 10 times it will boot even when plugged into an outlet.

4. istolvampire

istolvampire Android Enthusiast

sounds like hardware to me.

You said it will boot 1 of 10 time all the way to the os?

Do you know someone with the same phone who you can try a different battery?

See if you can operate then.

I take it when you flashed the sbf it took? as in not fail

Also take out the sd card and see if it helps

5. ddschmidt

ddschmidt Newbie

Yes that is about right. I will try another battery and yes, the flash from rsd was fully successful. It will boot up normally, as in the buttons light up and I can turn it off by holding the power button and using the physical pad, but the screen will just show a white M in the middle and will not change. Thanks for the suggestions, btw.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews