• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A moment of your time

jmc55

May 1, 2010
im a former blackberry user and am having a little trouble figuring a few things out with my hero. i would very much appreciate any assistance you can offer.

1. i get pics of my new baby from my wife through 'message' but cannot figure a way to save them.

2. when viewing an image on the internet, how do you 'save as' one?

3. i have a custom ringtone (mp3) that i want to assign to all calls. i tried bringing it up in the music app but dont see a way to assign it.

thanks if you can help with any of these. :)

I know in the browser you can long press (press and hold for a couple seconds) on a pic to get a menu to 'save image'. I don't know for sure but I would assume you can do the same thing with picture mail.
As for the mp3 issue, I have no idea since I haven't tried anything like that before but it sounds like an app could handle that.

Upvote 0
As 330D said, "long press" - learn it, live it, love it! For MP3s as phone sounds, make the following folders on your SDcard: ringtones, notifications & alarms. Drop any MP3 you want to use for these functions in the appropriate folder. Done!

Just re-read #3 - from the music app, select the song you want as a ringtone > click Menu > select Set as Ringtone. This lets you set it as the standard phone ringer or individual contact ringer and lets you trim MP3s to boot!

Upvote 0
As 330D said, "long press" - learn it, live it, love it! For MP3s as phone sounds, make the following folders on your SDcard: ringtones, notifications & alarms. Drop any MP3 you want to use for these functions in the appropriate folder. Done!

Just re-read #3 - from the music app, select the song you want as a ringtone > click Menu > select Set as Ringtone. This lets you set it as the standard phone ringer or individual contact ringer and lets you trim MP3s to boot!

Stock music app does this? I didn't know that....:eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones