1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A multi-contacts widget for ICS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vance, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    I would like to have a 4x2 widget where I can scroll through my contacts, or just favorites, etc. (similar to the bookmarks widget), but I don't see anything like that in ICS stock. I could add LauncherPro Plus, which I have used on other phones, but I am trying to stay stock if I can. I have tried the one app I could find which should do this for me (Photo Contact), but it says it can only work in launchers that use "scrollable widgets" (which ICS has, but they must not be optimized for ICS).

I could create a folder with all of my individual contact widgets, but that is not as convenient as scrollable.

Has anyone found an app that will do this?

Advertisement

2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Folder Organizer allows you to do this. I use to have a 4x2 widget that displayed my favorites, but now I use Go Contacts+. Go Dialer allows you to swipe left/right to go to groups/favorites.

Vance likes this.
  3. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Thanks for those suggestions! I had Folder Organizer on my Thunderbolt, but didn't think about that since the stock folder options are so good, I didn't even think about the widget aspect! Another choice I have found now is Android Pro Widgets, which I will try as well.

4. triplejnj

triplejnj Member
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Is Go Contacts+ different from Go Contacts EX? I saw many reviews stating it crashed continuously on the Nexus which is why I haven't installed it.

5. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    I have Go Contacts EX, which includes Go Dialer EX. Basically it has it's own dialer (which allows you to search by name using the number pad) and when you swipe side to side you get the Contacts, Groups, and Favorites windows.

I haven't had it "crash" yet, although nearly every time after it closes a warning that it crashed pops up in the notification bar. So technically I guess it's crashing but I don't notice it happening, I've always been able to use it up until the point the call is made (at which point it would close anyway, so I don't notice it crashing).

6. bezerk19

bezerk19 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    QA Analyst
    San Antonio, TX
    Check out my post, I added steps on what I do to make my own contacts folder:
    http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...ntacts-into-circles-wait-how.html#post3751876

7. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Yes, that is a very useful tip and I was doing that for a while (I think I got it from your post actually!), but I wanted something visible in a widget and scrollable. The Android Pro Widgets turned out to work pretty good for this!

Joe Eris likes this.
  8. SnowBEE

SnowBEE Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

This is "Wizz" Contact Widget, It's scrollable support stock launcher on ICS

Tags: