• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A must have accessory for rooters...

shrink57

Android Expert
Dec 19, 2009
South Florida
Just a heads up to anyone that doesn't have a Micro SD Adapter to directly connect to your PC (really useful). There will come a time when you want to connect your SD card directly to your PC when regular mounting fails (happened to me a couple of times). I could have sworn all my readers handled the micro SD format and I was dead wrong.

I looked on eBay a found a bunch of them. I bought one on for .99 including shipping (works perfectly). It is something that is really important to have around for an emergency especially if you do a lot of flashing (bought an extra one to keep at the office). Not a bad $.99 investment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-USB-2-0-TF-Flash-Micro-SD-SDHC-Memory-Card-Reader_W0QQitemZ200462079012QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC _Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item2eac789424

Reactions: StingRay
not a bad idea, but i haven't needed one yet. when you're in SPrecovery you can always mount your phone as a mass storage device if you're in a bind and need to change a filename or transfer a file.

Sure, mounting or using ADB commands is the way to go but there is going to come a time when you need to resort to plan B and I went crazy one weekend when I had no alternative (motivated me to get the adapter). Forgot what was going on but just couldn't get stuff to push and couldn't get the card to mount. The adapter did the trick allowing me to copy whatever it was I needed to flash and after that all was well. Just something good to have around if needed. And remember Murphy's Law - if you have it you will never need it. If you don't you definitely will :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have one similar to this. Have had it for a while because the older phones with micro sd cards were not yet able to connect to the PC via USB.

I just used mine yesterday cuz I was at work, and didn't have my USB cable. Pulled the card out of the phone, put it into the adapter, and was able to get a video off the phone that i needed.

Joe

I use mine at work for the same type of transfers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones