1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A Mutitude of Contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spiritsongtres, Dec 17, 2013.

1. spiritsongtres

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S4(SCH-I545). I went from Sprint- to Verizon, and had my contacts imported, I use Google to Sync and hold my contacts, but now I noticed that, I have a a lot of contacts (from my Google+) added into my regular contacts list.

I went into Google+ & my regular Gmail and paired them down (immensely)- but my phone doesn't seem to display those changes. I went and checked the phone and it says that 'they are read only." Or so it seems.

Is there a way to get the contacts merged/synced and remove al lthe read only ones, do am I stuck with the Read-only ones? (And need to manually delete the prior ones one by one, from my phone?)

I pruned them from Gmail & Google+ but the phone seems to reading this list of imported Read only's and NOT from the newly pruned list. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

For best exposure I moved your thread to the forum dedicated to discussing your phone.

... Thom

3. spiritsongtres

Thank you Tom, I didn't realize I'd placed in the wrong category. I'd found the S$ categories only AFTER I'd made the post.

4. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert

Sometimes when the carrier's rep transfers your contacts for you, you get them placed in the Phone's contact list, not on Google's servers. The tedious way to fix that particular problem is to delete them one at a time, making sure you delete the Phone contact and not the Google one. If you don't have your phone extremely modified, you could back up your data and do a factory data reset and when you log back on to your device, Google will restore your contacts. I should also restore your installed apps. Make sure you back up any data first, if you choose to do the FDR to fix the problem.

5. spiritsongtres

Hmm that is a good start. But how would I know that I am deeling with the 155+ contacts on my phone being the "Phone" contacts and - not the 'google ones' or vice verse?

Ahh other fun note ( since I just tried it: I can't delete contacts 'from Read only Accounts' ( which is really dumb, but I suppose that's what happens when one goes from Sprint to Verizon and 'transfers them over) .

But I may have deleted them I am curious now hmm

6. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

There is an icon next to each contact. Google's one have a little blue "G" on the right hand side.

Perhaps these are Facebook or Twitter contacts, hence they can't be deleted.
    But you could unsync it by going to: Settings -> Accounts ->
    Facebook -> and uncheck Sync Contacts

7. spiritsongtres

They're not sync. I don't use fac3book on my phone. so I knoe they're just bold overs from my prior phone ported in.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews