• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A new malware or hack?

curveball

Lurker
Oct 29, 2014
Today my galaxy note 4 and my wife's iPhone 6 got an emergency notice indicating we've been hacked. We are on vacation and both searched for a Montana rodeo schedule. And we got a website link that looked like that's what it would give us. But it says: "Seized by Indonesian intelligence Security" and has a round red symbol for some organization and after that it says "Hacked?"and then a three minute and 40 second voice message which I will not open. After that it ends with "GREET'Z:"
Whenever I open my chrome browser that is the page I get. If I open an incognito chrome browser I am able to open other web pages. Powered down re-opened and still there.
I can find nothing on the web described like this.

Any ideas, remedies?

Try clearing Chrome's cache.

It's far more likely that this is a fake message on the browser than an actual hack. And far more likely that clicking on any link in the message will download something nasty than it being helpful. Both phones having this is odd, but if you were both searching/reading the same website that could explain it.

Upvote 0
Try clearing Chrome's cache.

It's far more likely that this is a fake message on the browser than an actual hack. And far more likely that clicking on any link in the message will download something nasty than it being helpful. Both phones having this is odd, but if you were both searching/reading the same website that could explain it.
Worked.

Reactions: Hadron and Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones