1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A new OS for Chinese phone?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Miiksi, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Miiksi

Miiksi Lurker

I bought an Android phone from China (since phones are so damn expensive here in Finland). Here's the link to the phone:
    Automatic Redirect

Camera is bad, but I don't even use it so I dont care (for me phone and camera are a different thing). The phone is pretty fast, no lags etc. There is one crappy thing, as it has many texts in japanise. If i want to save a phone number to my contacts, it will be in chinese. It has the Qualcomm 7227 600Mhz processor, and i heard it supports Ginger 2.3. (currently holding 2.2)

So how do I remove the OS it has and istall 2.2 or 2.3, whichever is more compatible with the phone. I checked the forums, they had these guides for only certain Anroid phones so I don't know that will they work on this one.

So i just want to remove the OS it has, and install a new clean English one.
    Help very much appreciated.

EDIT:
    Oh, it lags actually pretty much. Just loaded some games from Android market and they dont run that well... Well, would still appreciate if someone helps with the OS

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Usually the phone manufacturer has to release an upgrade to your device. But I doubt that will happen with the chinese vendor that made your phone. And it wouldn't solve the translation issue. So, you're pretty much stuck with searching Google for something to install onto your device.

And you're not likely to find anything. Not a lot of devs even bother making mods for chinese products.