• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A newbie question...

If you root your phone and leave it exactly as is (just rooted), it will not be any faster nor will it have better battery life.

There are a few one-clicks out there for the Epic. Which one exactly are you looking at (before I tell you that you don't need to flash a ROM)?

Upvote 0
If you root your phone and leave it exactly as is (just rooted), it will not be any faster nor will it have better battery life.

There are a few one-clicks out there for the Epic. Which one exactly are you looking at (before I tell you that you don't need to flash a ROM)?
I really have no idea haha. :eek: I just really want to get my keyboard fixed (missing keystrokes), get rid of all the Sprint bloatware and improve battery life a little bit.

I was thinking about doing the one click root and then getting the patch for the keyboard from XDA.

Upvote 0
Ok to start I did the z4root with cwm 3.5.0.1 I think when I first got the phone it installed superuser and something else on my phone the 2.2.1 froyo update was pushed (root gone) but superuser remained it would not delete then use adb to root my phone but it was stock rom (cool cool) but I went and downloaded the supernova rom the .ext not the .rfs I think that's where I ent wrong... well it came with a cwm 2.5.1 and being stupid I took all the steps to backup my phone (besides odin) and it is stuck now at boot first screen that pops up is gren cwm 2.5.1 and tried to flash when I went to install update.zip it reboots into a orange screen and tha is cwm 3.5.0.1 and I Did it there now it won't load or boot no custom roms no original it won't restore back to the settings before I tried I don't understand what I'm missing all these instructions sound so simple...... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok to start I did the z4root with cwm 3.5.0.1 I think when I first got the phone it installed superuser and something else on my phone the 2.2.1 froyo update was pushed (root gone) but superuser remained it would not delete then use adb to root my phone but it was stock rom (cool cool) but I went and downloaded the supernova rom the .ext not the .rfs I think that's where I ent wrong... well it came with a cwm 2.5.1 and being stupid I took all the steps to backup my phone (besides odin) and it is stuck now at boot first screen that pops up is gren cwm 2.5.1 and tried to flash when I went to install update.zip it reboots into a orange screen and tha is cwm 3.5.0.1 and I Did it there now it won't load or boot no custom roms no original it won't restore back to the settings before I tried I don't understand what I'm missing all these instructions sound so simple...... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Try using a little punctuation next time... I am not aware of any 3.5.0.1 variant of CWM, at least not for the EPIC. Depending on which version of CWM you actually have, it will depend on what you need to do...

So, maybe if you post a link to which directions you followed, someone would be better able to answer your question.

But, as is, you could do one of two things:
1) try flashing a RFS ROM in CWM
2) use ODIN to flash back to stock, and use one of the OneClickRoot options versus z4root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones