1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root A noob with font problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zophorian, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Zophorian

Zophorian Lurker

I have an HTC desire running 2.2. It was unbranded (the benefits of living in the CIS) and I have just rooted it using unrevoked-- thanks for all the help from the forum! I installed a terminal emulator from the market and that is working great too.

I followed the steps from this forum to add Armenian font recognition a but it didn't take: Instructions on installing new fonts for foreign languages - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It seems I can now see more fonts that I could before-- though I had never tried to view Hebrew, etc. I can now. (A friend has an older version that he upgraded to 2.2 and he can't see Hebrew etc. So I am guessing that what I did helped.)

I figured that maybe the dejavu font pack I got was different from the one that the other forum used-- it is an old post, but he did it just to get Armenian. So I tried taking the .ttf files for Armenian fonts from my computer and putting them into the DroidSansFallback.ttf folder that I made on my SDcard with the other Dejavu fonts. I ran the script again and nothing changed.

How do I know if the script ran correctly? Should it say something if it did? Will it give an error if it didn't (there was no error).

Again, I don't want to change the default font of my phone. I just want to be able to view web pages and .doc's that use Armenian font.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. mate im having font issues too! is there a walk through anywhere?

deanshep85 likes this.
  3. Zophorian

Zophorian Lurker

Analogue,

What I found hasn't worked so far. But if you have a Desire HD you may want to look for solutions that use a program called 'busybox.' It adds command functionality when you are in the terminal emulator. I haven't tried it because I read in a couple of places that BusyBox doesn't play nice with Desires for some reason-- I don't understand why-- and I want to be extra careful. But I think it should work with an HD.

Zoph

4. Armoudjian

Armoudjian Lurker

did anybody installed Armenian fonts on Galaxy S 2?

Tags: