• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A partial solution to heaphone remote control issues

Resartus

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
Hello in there.

So the inline controls on my Desire HD headphones stopped working. Sound still came out of them, but none of the remote control buttons worked anymore. This was a shame cause I liked not having to take the phone out of my pocket. As some of you may know iPhone headphones will work, but the button only starts and pauses tracks, or answers incoming calls. I missed being able to skip tracks.

So to cut a long story short I couldn't find headphones that worked at all, and all the solutions seemed to be DIY with splicing headphones you liked into the existing control unit of the original ones. However I found an app in the market called Headset Button Controller

All it does is make that single button you have work like it does on an iPhone. One click starts or pauses a song (or answers a call), two will skip a track, three clicks goes to a previous track, and if you hold the button down it will fast forward a song.

Basically it means I can now use pretty much and headset I want with my Desire HD.

BTW, I didn't write the app, and it is free. It's just that this was a problem that has been giving me the shits for a week now, I'm just so pleased I found a solution that I though others might want to know as well :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones