• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A period tracker app that's NOT "girly"

dinkfloyd

Lurker
Jan 27, 2014
Practically all menstruation apps out there have these qualities;

1. Pink!
2. Flowers!
3. Hearts!
4. Cartoon girls smiling!

I am not a 13 year old girl who just became a women. I don't sign my name with hearts in it. I don't have a folder on my computer to store my horse pictures. I need an app to warn me when my uterus is about to spew bloody carnage, and I want it to look sleek and simple.

I'd like the app to have these qualities;

1. Have a gender neutral colour scheme (or a customizable one)
2. Have ZERO hearts/flowers/butterflies/trees or otherwise unnecessary images
3. Use no "handwritten" fonts
4. Have a cool, inconspicuous name. Ideas: Red Flag
5. No flashing ads - make it $1.99 or whatever

In other words, when I'm hanging out with my dude friends, I want them to look at the app and see a calendar with a week of tiny red flags. I want them to wonder what it is. That would be amazing!!

Cozi. Definitely not girly. You could designate "Kate" (or someone) and set up appointments with her for those days. You could even make "her" color dot red.

Looks like something you'd keep work appointments in. (Your dude friends might want to meet this "Kate" friend of yours.)

You could probably find uses for some of its other functions, but we use it to keep a scattered family aware of who's doing what when.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones