• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A player for big, long files

jefm

Jan 10, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has had luck playing .mp3 files that are around 100-200+ meg in size? I'm working through the "Best Player" thread trying to find something that will. So far the only one to come close is Ringdroid, of all things, but try as it did it would not load the file (all other apps I've tried so far just say it's an unsupported file).

Ps the file I'm trying plays fine in Audacity on my Linux box. An iPod will play these files but you cannot fast forward through the song at all.

Fixed!
Tried using mp3split to split up the files, didn't help. Tried using mp32oog to convert the files from mp3 to ogg, those play like a charm!! I can even skip around with the slider. Open source saves yet another day from disaster :) I guess my internal ogg vs mp3 debate is over!

Upvote 0
Hi,
I tried Meridian, Mixzing, Tunewiki, Hertz, Cinema and Aplayer, none of them played the larger mp3 properly. I need to evaluate them, but most of them have to go; having so many players installed confuses Android. I hit pause on the bluetooth headphones, which makes one player pause and another player start, it sucks :}

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones