1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A potentially noobish about moving my connect to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by ebj5883, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ebj5883

ebj5883 Newbie

So I'm at work and don't exactly have the luxury of spending all that much time searching the forums at the moment, but if I don't have any answers by the time I get home, I'll do just that. Anyway, is it possible to move my LG Connect to T-Mobile? My girlfriend's Esteem just went dead, so I bought her a Nexus 4, but it seems as though she'll need to make the move to T-Mobile, and since I pay the bill, I'd like it all done through one carrier. Input is great, and thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Which carrier are you with now? I think you can, ebj. Just take it to a T-Mobile outlet and they'll either provide a SIM card or make adjustments to yours. I could be mistaken about that.. I'll google around, but meanwhile I've placed your question in the T-Mobile area for more precise answers from T-Mobile users.

ebj5883 and jhawkkw like this.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Unfortunately, the LG Connect is a CDMA phone and will not work on T-Mobile. So if you wish to be all on the same carrier, you either have to buy you're own T-Mobile phone, or see if Metro will let you use her N4 under their BYOP program. Unfortunately, it's only in a small select number of cities at this point.

ebj5883 likes this.
  4. ebj5883

ebj5883 Newbie

Yeah, thanks for the move, as I figured it could go either way. Anyway, I'll check back later on and see where this goes, and once again, thanks for the input...