• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a problem with my phone

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
This is a ZTE Warp Elite N9518. I was trying to root the phone with Kingo Root Windows version from my laptop. Kingo Root got to about 85% done then just froze. A few minutes later Kingo root jumped to 100% completed with a message saying "root failed". I then tried a different setup that I found at http://www.wikihow.com/Root-a-ZTE-Warp . that didn't work ether. The phone still works fine in the non-rooted state except for the fact that when I touch the screen or an app is running the screen randomly flashes pink. This flashing pink is new. What's going on? And when my room mates see it. I won't hear the end of it for a long time.

Steve

Kingo root was the 1st try at rooting this phone out of the starting gate and Kingo failed on the 1st try. What do you meen by "lingo"?
What he ment was KINGO apps...the one root apps( look at keyboard..."L" is next to "K"..just a typo)...have built in apps that install when you use...could be a straggler causing it. Or could be he ment linger in back ground...

Upvote 0
1. I wouldn't know what to look for in the way of straggler files left behind by Kingo. Android isn't as straight fonward as Win7 on my laptop. 2. I need to fix this problem. The alarm clock didn't ring this morning and I missed a Doctors appoiment.

What he ment was KINGO apps...the one root apps( look at keyboard..."L" is next to "K"..just a typo)...have built in apps that install when you use...could be a straggler causing it. Or could be he ment linger in back ground...

Upvote 0
This ZTE Warp Elite is completely dead (dead as a door nail). It won't power up or anything now. I am taking it back to the store for a replacement. What Boost Mobile brands are the easiest to root?

An added peace of news. The phone is starting up again. But has charging problems. The battery is at 1% charged and the phone states there is a charge problem when the carge cable is plugged in and won't charge the battery. Luckily I still have the box and all the paperwork. I was going to throw it out today but I didn't get around to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was a typo. I was in a hurry. I meant to say that lingo installs other apps while rooting, namely Super Battery. My phone would get super hot with it installed. I just uninstalled it. I don't know that that is your problem but just a suggestion.

Kingo root was the 1st try at rooting this phone out of the starting gate and Kingo failed on the 1st try. What do you meen by "lingo"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones