1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A question about Root Explorer, and one about transferring music.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Melani, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Melani

Melani Lurker

I'm running FroYo. My phone is rooted, and I've installed Root Explorer. Am I correct in believing that I can use Root Explorer to remove bloatware? If so, how do I go about finding it? There are so many folders, and I'm more than a little confused. I did find some stock apps and some I had downloaded(I think at system>app), but I did not find bloatware I could delete, like Uno, Pocket Express, My Extras, etc. Where can I find these apps? If I can;t delete with RE, what(besides Titanium Backup, which doesn't work) can I use?

My second problem is not root related. When I was running Android 2.1, I was able to connect my phone to the computer, click on open files and folders, easily find music and pictures I had downloaded to my phone, and transfer them to my computer. Since I upgraded to 2.2, when I click on open files and folders I get 2 folders(document and drivers, neither of which contain anything I've downloaded), autorun, and mobile partner. That's it. I can't find any music, pictures, or anything. Can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download