• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A question about shipping

Needz_Android

Android Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2010
I can't be the only one who didn't use the Free Overnight code right?!?!

Since I used the free shipping method provided by verizon, does this mean that I still receive the phone on the 29th since I didn't select free overnight???

I called verizon and they won't let me change my shipping method!

I can't be the only one who didn't use the Free Overnight code right?!?!

Since I used the free shipping method provided by verizon, does this mean that I still receive the phone on the 29th since I didn't select free overnight???

I called verizon and they won't let me change my shipping method!
I use FREEOVERNT, I mean it's free... and overnight. Why wouldn't I use it?

Upvote 0
The phone will ship on the 27th so if you used the free one you'll get it on the 28th if you used over night then you'll get it on the 28th

Where did you get your information? I thought since it will be released on the 29th, how would we get it the day before.

Also I thought the HTC Incredible website said that orders before 4pm would be shipped out so they would be delivered by the 29th?

Upvote 0
Where did you get your information? I thought since it will be released on the 29th, how would we get it the day before.

Also I thought the HTC Incredible website said that orders before 4pm would be shipped out so they would be delivered by the 29th?
I forgot were just search some of the threads, maybe it was the official thread

Upvote 0

The thing that people is going by is that by default VZN will ship it 2-day shipping. The only way to have it delivered by the 29th is to ship it on the 27th and it doesn't make much sense to ship it on the 27th and the 28th if you can do it all in one go. So assuming this is true--we don't know how VZN works--using the overnight option would allow us to potentially get it a day earlier (the 28th). However, the whole shipping thing might be a scam and they're all being sent 2-day shipping on the 27ths (it's not like we're really able to tell and if so care about it because we'd have our phones anyway).

Upvote 0
Here is what mine said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMMARY OF CHARGES:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Savings Monthly: $3.60

Total recurring monthly access & service charges: $26.39

Total one-time charge on your first monthly bill: $0.00

Due now: detail of total charges to be billed to credit card

Shipping: $8.99
Subtotal: $199.99
Tax**: $13.58

Total charges to be billed to credit card: $222.56

I paid the extra $8.99 for the overnight shipping. So I assumed that I would get it the 29th.

Does anyone have the real answer?

Edit*

Here is where it says it will be delivered on the 29th. It says it on the top of the details page in BOLD.

Upvote 0
Did the shipping options change at some point? I pre-ordered without a promo code, chose the only option I saw -- which was for free shipping -- and my receipt says:

Overnight Shipping
Free
Order must be placed by 4:30 pm local time Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays).
if your a new customer you'll have it automatically, but it seems if your a current customer or using a school/corporate discount it won't have free overnight shipping automatically

Upvote 0
well I just talked to two different CSR's in the last 20 minutes and they both said that they all pre-orders should be delivered on the 29th. Even if you ended up getting stuck with 2-day shipping (like some people did) they said the system "should" override it to overnight as per the pre-order website saying delivery will be on the 29th.

Spoke with a rep, and told me the same ALL Pre-orders will recieve their phones on the 29th regardless of the shipping method that was chosen.;)

Upvote 0
if your a new customer you'll have it automatically, but it seems if your a current customer or using a school/corporate discount it won't have free overnight shipping automatically

I've been a Verizon customer for 14 years, I did NOT enter any code, and I got free overnight shipping when I ordered online. Double checked my printed out confirmation and it says "Overnight Shipping" - FREE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones