1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A question about support reps locations for T-Mobile

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by carmendiva, Feb 8, 2011.

1. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert

I have a question...

When you call into t-mobile do you generally get someone who is foreign? This isn't meant to be racist by any means(i'm like tons of different races mixed together lol)

it seems every time i have an issue, i have to call in and i always get a representative that has an obvious language barrier with me...

However, today my brother and cousins BEGGED me to make my plan into a family plan

So i called Sales and order them a motorola cliq 2 and a g2 and this time i get a rep who sounds more american and there was no language barrier

my phone died, i called back and got another rep...same experience

so i guess what i am asking is...Do you have the experience i have had(foreign employees who half the time can't understand u or u cna't understand them in Customer service) but they don't have foreign people in telesales.

it's just annoying because i always end up arguing with a rep about this or that because i never can understand them.

LOL I FEEL SO BAD ASKING THIS AND I hope i didnt not offend anyone(Had the same issue with Sprint)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

Hi carmendiva,I know what you mean, now days if you so much a mention race its a problem, its rediculas we cant speak freely without feeling the need to justify ourselves and like you I am the least racist person you will ever meet.In answer to your question, I also always get someone with an accent, luckely though they are always quite easy to understand and they understand me but yep I would gess the call center is abroad. I don't recognise the accent but it is always the same. Sounds a lot like a Philipino lady I work with, maybe its there?

3. Njcellgeek74

Njcellgeek74 Well-Known Member

It depends, I think. I called in the other night and started out with a gentleman who I couldn't understand. He went to transfer me to another department and hung up on me. (After waiting 40 minutes to get someone, I was not pleased).Called back and got a lady with a southern accent, was transferred again and got what sounded like someone with a local dialect.There are call centers all over the States and some overseas so it's really customer service Russian roulette. It is annoying when you have a problem and the person on the other end can't understand you enough to try to fix it.

4. carmendiva

@natnat, yeah I am probably the most liberal person i know. Love all races, gays, trannies, Skinny big or whatever LMAO etc etc ppl lmao are ppl....but it is sad that you can't ask a question without it being perceived as racist

@NJcellgeek74, yeah. I just sometimes don't understand how tmobile's customer service is so high. They aren't rude(Say like Sprint) but i have to constantly repeat(and politely yell lol) to make sure they hear my phone number or whatever...the language barrier is sometimes annoying lol.

But i'm glad to know, i am not the only one who has had this experience with tmobile's customer service

5. mdtolic

mdtolic Guest

Yeah, the Vibrant forum is probably the wrong place for this. But, if you have trouble understanding folks on the phone, you should try the T-Mo web site. You can change everything about your plan there; without ever having to speak with a person. If you have a problem with hardware, take it to a store. You have several options besides calling.

6. carmendiva

yeah, i just made a my tmobile account but i was really wanting to know more peoples experiences with customer service :)

7. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

I agree about the "perceived racist" stuff. That is just ridiculous we have been programmed to think that. And it is NOT by mistake. This is and was a carefully-planned social engineering.
    It is NO MISTAKE that the 'profiling' stuff preceded 9/11.
    Folks, you need to wake up before it is too late.

8. carmendiva

lol o...kay? haha

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Moved to the T-Mobile forum for you. ;)

10. carmendiva

thanks frisco!

11. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast

Who you can reasonably expect to talk to when calling in to customer support:

Simply calling customer care for general account support:
    Postpaid customers: someone in america.
    Flex paid: 95% chance your call will be outsourced. If memory serves me there is one office in the US dedicated to flex pay support, I think it's in Texas.
    Prepaid: outsourced to third party, cant remember if it's in country.

For activating, its all one big melting pot for post and flex pay. 50/50 to stay in the us.

Technical support is all in the us. I dont mean you call cc and say you have a busted phone, the people they transfer you to are within the us.

The numbers could have changed since i left in september.

12. carmendiva

yea im on flexpay so that is probably true what u are saying. Bummer lol
    I am so glad next month i can switch over to a postpaid account so maybe along with the features of postpaid, i can also get american support

i dread calling t-mobile

13. Swizz

Swizz Android Enthusiast

If you're flex pay and really want to talk to someone in the us:
    When you are being transfered to cc, and there is music playing while you wait, if it's american music then youre staying in country. If the music gives you a distinct "who the funk would listen to this" feeling, you've been outsourced. Considering the low chance to score a US rep, it may take a while.

14. carmendiva

yeah my dad always got american reps when he had tmobile

lol i had to call today for something.

I am trilingual(Spanish is technically my first language even though i speak english 100% of the time and i also speak italian) I just hate talking in spanish

so today i just spoke in spanish and it went flawlessly lol.