1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support A question regarding memory cards

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LunaWard, Apr 30, 2012.

1. LunaWard

LunaWard Lurker
    None

Hello all, I just want to ask a question regarding memory cards. For my galaxy note, it doesn't comes with any external memory cards so I was planning to buy one. If I'm not mistaken, it will put all the files inside the external_sd folder. What if I don't want my files inside that folder and some other folders instead? Is it still possible for my files to be in my memory card?

Advertisement

2. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    The external_sd folder is just a link to your card. Anything you put in there is actually put on your external card. Initially there will be nothing there.
    When you put a card in it does not automatically move things there though some software, such as the camera may automatically start saving to the card when one is present.

3. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 30, 2012
    Camera does not use card unless you set it to in the settings. You can choose what apps, files, media or whatever are stored on the card. Just keep in mind the internal storage is much faster then even a class 10 MicroSD. So big apps may eat up space but they will surely run better from internal where as videos, images and the likes are better to be stored on an external card.

I also love the Software Data Cable app which lets me FTP into my phone and move things to and from with any FTP client. No cables needed to remotely access and move files such as custom ringers to and from my phone from any computer with internet access.

ifb-online likes this.
  4. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Male
    Journalist and publisher
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    Nice app - just tried it!

Ian

5. droidcentric

droidcentric Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 30, 2012
    Btw keep in mind if you delete images or videos via FTP you leave thumbnails behind so remember to remove them too. :)