• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A real mess...

My WhatsApp backup on Google drive appears to have problems. I had reinstalled WhatsApp and had gone through the initial install process, when I received a "no backup found" message (see screenshot #1) when needing to restore from the backup. I have created an exact copy of my (media, database, and backup files on my Samsung S10e in the following location: /storage/9C33-6BBD/Whatsapp/ (see screenshot #2).

1. Currently logged in to my Gmail account associated with WhatsApp
  2. I tried following the suggestions of clicking "Never" on backing up to google drive, then re-installing WhatsApp, but it only looks for the backup on Goggle Drive.

So, am I doing something wrong? Is there some sort of hidden option that can tell WhatsApp to look in the local folders on my S10e?

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• WhatsApp_local_storage_location.jpg
    WhatsApp_local_storage_location.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20221102_110424.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102_110424.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 68

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones