1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

A real noob

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by samsaysmore, Mar 9, 2011.

1. samsaysmore

samsaysmore Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    Hi there! As the title says I'm a real noob to Android but love it already!
    I bought a SuperPad 10" yesterday which is kicking that iP-what-you-ma-call-it out of the water!

I have a question or two. Did a quick search but didn't come up with an answer I understood (as I said noob, plus woman- so bare with me) :)

I connected to my boyfriends wifi last night (no password on his wifi) and could surf internet etc and registered my product. Then I got home and tried to connect to my ADSL Rooter (username and password) and it connects and then after 5 seconds disconnects. Tried for about 2 hours and nothing worked. Never complained about username or password at all.

My info is as follows:
    deb-r-2.1.1623
    Kernel- 2.6.32.9
    2.1 update 1

Any help would be huge! Thanks!!!

Then I'm just interested in what kind of apps you like to download etc. So excited about having a tablet that I don't know where to start :)

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

What brand/model of ADSL router do you have? Is it set up for Wireless-B, Wireless-G, or Wireless-N? What type of security is enabled? Do you have other wireless devices connecting successfully to the router? Have you recently installed any updates to the routers firmware?