1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

A Really, REALLY Dumb Question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Empyre213, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Empyre213

Empyre213 Newbie
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Best Buy
    Katy, TX
    So, I'm new to the whole Android game and I know you can root phones and change softwares and what not. My question is, can you root the Atrix and put Sense 2.0 on it? I hear that is a major turn off on this phone and I was wondering if it could be fixed.

Advertisement

2. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    lol, thats not a dumb question. Its a good one.

You cant do that with the Atrix. It will have a boot loader thats locked down tight. That means no custom ROMs with a custom kernel. Boot loader aside, I dont think any non-HTC phone can fully run Sense UI. If its happened I missed it. It has been tried but dont know if it ever been done.

With Blur, the only major complaints are the Blur launcher and maybe the lock screen not being as smooth as Sense UI's. If you replace both Blur isnt that bad. Launcher Pro, ADW, Go Launcher are favorites among folks with current Blur phones. Widget Locker is a favorite for the lock screen. The Blur widgets are plain to me, so I dont use em. Sense has better widgets IMO.

If it will be anything like the Droid X, the Atrix can have custom ROMs without a custom kernel. It would be easier and less writing for me...lol to read up here:

Droid X - All Things Root - Android Forums