• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Simple Black board app!

I searched for a free Android app that can be used as a simple black board for drawing quick sketches and taking casual handwriting notes, just a white brush on a black board, no status bar, no ads, no color picker, no eraser, no any other advanced features. I didn't find a single one! So, I created one for myself and for anyone who may be interested. Here it is.

Features:
-Touch screen to draw.
-Rotate device to erase.
-Press and hold Home+Power buttons to save your drawing. (*)

Works on Android 2.2 and higher.
No special permissions required.
Tested on my Samsung Galaxy S5.

(*) This feature is not a part of the app, it's the Take Screenshot feature of your device. Refer to your device's user manual for the proper buttons combination.

Last edited:
Was about to say that my LG has a soft home key. Then I got out my Samsung and had that face palm moment. Screenshot, take a screenshot to save. Power and - volume on mine. Thanks for this, my boy is going to love it.

Haha, sorry I didn't clearly mention that saving your drawing feature is not a part of my app, it's a feature of your own device and you should use the proper buttons combination depending on your device's brand. I edited the post, thank you. :)

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones