• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A somewhat scientific look at the Incredible's audio quality.

you guys are very technical on your research, but honestly I understand some of it but not all, but all I know is when I plug headphones into the DInc, to me, it sounds like a poor excuse for a mp3 player, and I'm comparing that to my iPod touch, which sounds awesome, I use the same music and same headphones and the iPod sounds 100x better.

If you think your iPod Touch sounds "awesome", get yourself a Cowon S9 or J3, plug in some good cans, and let me know what you think.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I just joined the forum. I have a Droid X got it in presale and I noticed the same exact thing you mentioned here about the Incredible on my phone. In my car the audio is terrible in comparision to my ipod touch. The highs sound good maybe some clipping, the mids are way too high and and lows sound muddy and compressed. I cant stand to listen to music on this device and that sucks because it has all this room :(

Sounds to me like an Android issue and not an HTC issue

I want some quick help on this issue because I am thinking about returning my phone if it really cannot be fixed and I really like the phone so far everything else is awesome!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone, I just joined the forum. I have a Droid X got it in presale and I noticed the same exact thing you mentioned here about the Incredible on my phone. In my car the audio is terrible in comparision to my ipod touch. The highs sound good maybe some clipping, the mids are way too high and and lows sound muddy and compressed. I cant stand to listen to music on this device and that sucks because it has all this room :(

Sounds to me like an Android issue and not an HTC issue

I want some quick help on this issue because I am thinking about returning my phone if it really cannot be fixed and I really like the phone so far everything else is awesome!

if your sole criteria for returning the phone is the audio quality, i don't know what to tell you. the incredible is an awesome phone, android is an awesome OS.

to the best of my knowledge, it is a problem specific to this phone. i wasn't able to detect any alterations of the mids or highs, but the lows are compressed (probably to save battery life). the DAC's are not of the highest quality, but neither are those on an ipod (ipod DAC's are world renowned for crappiness). not to mention that you can't make phone calls from an ipod.

for me, and for plenty of others, the audio quality of the incredible is good enough for what we use it for - streaming pandora at work, watching youtube on the bus, etc.

if you're looking for an audiophile quality mp3 playback device that doesn't make phone calls, by all means, return the incredible and get something by creative or cowon. there's a big waiting list for the incredible, i'm sure somebody else will be more than happy to get yours. :D

good luck finding the right device for your needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones