1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General A stupidly simple issue I need help with

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kinnell, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Kinnell

Kinnell Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    I've recently upgraded to a Galaxy S7 from a Galaxy S3, a decision I'm very happy with. My problem is a simple one, and I'm almost embarrassed for not being able to solve it. On my old phone, when downloading a video file (.mp4, .avi, etc.) from a filesharing site, it would automatically download to the downloads folder so I could view it later. On the S7, the same file is automatically opened in the media player with seemingly no way of saving it. I've explored options in both the browser and the applications manager to no avail. So, quite simply, what setting needs to be changed in order to download and save the file? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Kinnell

Kinnell Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    So, the above issue is occurring with the Samsung browser (the one labeled "Internet"). I tried the same scenario in the Chrome browser, and it worked exactly as I wanted. I believe it has something to do with allowing the app's permissions to storage. The Samsung browser's permissions are allowed to access storage in the application manager, so I'm still at a loss as to how to fix it.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.