1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A stupidly simple issue I need help with

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kinnell, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Kinnell

Kinnell Lurker

I've recently upgraded to a Galaxy S7 from a Galaxy S3, a decision I'm very happy with. My problem is a simple one, and I'm almost embarrassed for not being able to solve it. On my old phone, when downloading a video file (.mp4, .avi, etc.) from a filesharing site, it would automatically download to the downloads folder so I could view it later. On the S7, the same file is automatically opened in the media player with seemingly no way of saving it. I've explored options in both the browser and the applications manager to no avail. So, quite simply, what setting needs to be changed in order to download and save the file? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Kinnell

Kinnell Lurker

So, the above issue is occurring with the Samsung browser (the one labeled "Internet"). I tried the same scenario in the Chrome browser, and it worked exactly as I wanted. I believe it has something to do with allowing the app's permissions to storage. The Samsung browser's permissions are allowed to access storage in the application manager, so I'm still at a loss as to how to fix it.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews