1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A sudden disappearance of "old" pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Graffoon911, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Graffoon911

Graffoon911 Lurker

Hello, yesterday I checked my phone's gallery just to see something and then I realized that all the images that dated before December 2020 on my phone have suddenly disappeared. I honestly tried everything that I could in order to restore them, whether it was restarting the device, cleaning the gallery's cache and restarting and I even searched for file with the name ".nomedia" in order to delete it but failed to do so. I would gladly appreciate any help at all since these "old" images were about 90% of the photos that I had on the phone I wasn't planning on losing them anytime soon, and some of them are very important for my studies. P.S, I've also tried checking google photos but the app just shows the images that are also shown in the gallery. I never deleted them and also haven't downloaded any malicious software to the device.
    Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Login to photos.google.com on a computer or web browser and see if they're there....

ocnbrze and Makenzi like this.
  3. Graffoon911

Graffoon911 Lurker

The photos there are the same that are in the gallery with some extras that were there always, the missing ones are sadly not there.

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Some devices have a 'smart' feature that deletes things once a certain amount of time goes by.

Check in settings, storage, internal.
    Screenshot_20220207-062131.png

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  5. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Unfortunately, if this is the case, the pics are gone.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  6. Graffoon911

Graffoon911 Lurker

I really do appreciate the help, although my device does not have such a setting as showed in your picture, I suspect that I found the problem, apparently all the photos that disappeared are on the OneDrive cloud but I cannot view them on my mobile device even when I enter the OneDrive app but on my laptop I can still view them, currently, I am to figure out how to get all these pictures from my OneDrive on the laptop to the OneDrive on my mobile device although I use the same OneDrive account on both devices, I'm open to any suggestions. P.S. thanks again

7. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

I had the similiar problem with that earlier...

Samsung Galaxy A30s Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A30s release date was September 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 25MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

September 2019
Release Date
Reviews