1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General A Tale of the Incredibles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ArmchairBear, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I have owned the HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid INcredible 2, and now the HTC Rezound, which I think should be the Incredible 3 because of it's similarly evolved design and it's translucent red insides.

I got the Inc 1 on day one. I really wanted a Nexus One for Verizon, but nope. But the Inc was better in some ways. I liked the phone a lot. Good form factor, fit in my hand well. It was fast enough. Amazing screen, but poor visibility outdoors. Horrendous battery life no matter what I did.

I eventually got tired of the crappy battery life and bought an Inc 2 off ebay after having read many reviews saying that its battery life was really good and its single core cpu is faster than the Inc 1. The Inc 2 definitely was a worthy upgrade, but it had a few downsides that I had to live with. It's speaker was not nearly as loud as the Inc 1. I also struggled with the camera. I wanted to use a fast rom, so I would flash an AOSP rom, which is nice, but the camera would be grainy as heck. For a good camera, I would flash a Sense rom, but its speed and smoothness just cannot match an AOSP rom. I thought I could just live the crappy camera and not need an upgrade, but then I read reviews on the Rezound.

With the previous Incredibles, I had to compromise on a few things. Now with the Rezound there's no need to compromise. Everything just works well. Even if there were AOSP roms available, I wouldn't feel the need to flash them because the phone is very fast with any rom. The camera is good, not as good as the iphone 4, but still good. Although the battery life is not as good as the Inc 2, it's close enough. The HD screen is amazing, it's a joy to surf the web on this phone. The colors may not be as rich as an AMOLED screen, but it's close, and outdoor visibility is good.

The Rezound is the only phone I can say I bought without any nagging feeling that something is "off" about it. The Rezound is a phone you can buy without regret. It's not the perfect phone, but pretty close. Third time's a charm.

Advertisement

daffy113 likes this.
  2. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    Agreed this really is a great phone. I've experienced the bootloop but it was cake to get through thanks to this forum. It really does everything I've been looking for in a phone. Love it.

My accessories i got off ebay are:
    Anker Rapid Battery Charger (awesome b/c it plugs to wall and can adjust to any cell battery) $8.50
    5x COVER GEL TPU CASE+SCREEN PROTECTOR $10
    REZOUND 4G RIBBED HARD CASE COVER & BELT CLIP HOLSTER w Stand $10

2 batteries.
    Hyperion HTC Rezound 4G 2 x Battery + Charger (1700 mah capacity)

Now I'm all set and for a very manageable cost.

ArmchairBear likes this.
  3. not2gutta

not2gutta Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 30, 2011
    I agree! I as well had the DINC, DINK2(didnt dig so much), and now the rezound after I returned my nexus. Indeed, it should be called the incredible 3! This phone is fantastic :cool:

4. AndyBones

AndyBones Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    I'll join this club :)
    had the
    HTC Eris
    HTC Inc1
    HTC Inc2
    HTC Rezound

5. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    Wow I didn't know there would be others with the same upgrade path as me. Cool. I actually upgraded to the Droid 3 before I got the Inc2, but I returned the Droid 3.

6. hookem

hookem Android Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2009
    Male
    TEXAS - Liberty Hill
    Eris
    Inc
    Rezound

(I like Inc 3 personally)

7. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I consider it the Incredible HD. I am coming from the original Incredible which I loved except for that damn low space thing. I love this phone. I have the regular battery and easily get 13-14 hours. I have the extended battery for times I will be away from the charger.

8. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    I have to agree with you. I've had my far share of android phones with verizon. I started with the Eris then when an upgrade came around I got the droid 1 but returned it in 1 week for the Inc 1. Had some issues with it but still enjoyed it. Next upgrade was the droid x it was a good phone but i missed sense and the colors, so I traded it for an Inc. Picked up a samsung charge on an upgrade, worst phone ever!! Then I picked up and Inc 2 off of here and it was great. Definitely need the extended battery though. I just got my rezound 2 days ago and its the best phone by far!!

9. MonsterMaxx

MonsterMaxx Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    I had the DINC too, it went for a swim one day. Needed a new one and ended up with the Bionic. What a complete piece of trash, just couldn't maintain a network connectino and I was constantly having to reset the modems or reboot.
    Got a Rezound and like everything about it except the battery. Spent a week with the stocker because the extended makes the phone 2" thick. Just couldn't get the stocker to last more than 12 hours no matter what so I'll just suck it up for now and deal with the monstrous thickness of the extended.

10. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    The extended battery really isnt that bad

Tags: