• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A thought...

i have not felt this scared in a long time!!
i go hide now

Since this thread has come to a "some what true" conclusion, let me elaborate on one of the incidents that happened in Japanese forums.

- some idiot college girl posts about an affair in her blog. Some bored married lady comes across it in a search engine result, posts it on the forums.
- her family, school, part time job, friends names are revealed by people who read every article and saved the contents of the blog. The girl shuts down blog, but its too late.
- twitter, mixi, and other SNS are used to hunt dwon her friends.
- her part time job website is discovered.
- people cross reference the blog photos with the PR videos of the workplace on youtube.
- the guy having the affair pictured in the photo is discovered and he is the manager there. name and position in the company is revealed.
- her friends blog gets discovered and her friend is also busted for having affair with multiple staff there.
- the girl's elder sister is also having an affair in her company, and people discover which company the sister works at.
- people find phone numbers of the girls parents, the guy who she is having an affair with, the company they both work at, the company the elder sister works at, and the college they go to.
- someone google maps the home of the girl.
- someone walks to the girls house, takes photos and posts on forum.
- people call the various phone calls to tell parent/wife/admin/HR about the affair, the underage drinking etc.

I forgot what happened in the end after all this, but the manager guy got suspended, and his wife got annoymous phone calls about the affair and ended in a divorce.

The sister did not lose her job, but i dont think it made her life any better.

Every since I saw this happen in real life, I closed my twitter, linkedin, myspace accounts and made sure no one can see anything about me on facebook...

I mean, this happens every couple of weeks, if not more in Japan right now.Its really scary...

Upvote 0
Since this thread has come to a "some what true" conclusion, let me elaborate on one of the incidents that happened in Japanese forums.

- some idiot college girl posts about an affair in her blog. Some bored married lady comes across it in a search engine result, posts it on the forums.
- her family, school, part time job, friends names are revealed by people who read every article and saved the contents of the blog. The girl shuts down blog, but its too late.
- twitter, mixi, and other SNS are used to hunt dwon her friends.
- her part time job website is discovered.
- people cross reference the blog photos with the PR videos of the workplace on youtube.
- the guy having the affair pictured in the photo is discovered and he is the manager there. name and position in the company is revealed.
- her friends blog gets discovered and her friend is also busted for having affair with multiple staff there.
- the girl's elder sister is also having an affair in her company, and people discover which company the sister works at.
- people find phone numbers of the girls parents, the guy who she is having an affair with, the company they both work at, the company the elder sister works at, and the college they go to.
- someone google maps the home of the girl.
- someone walks to the girls house, takes photos and posts on forum.
- people call the various phone calls to tell parent/wife/admin/HR about the affair, the underage drinking etc.

I forgot what happened in the end after all this, but the manager guy got suspended, and his wife got annoymous phone calls about the affair and ended in a divorce.

The sister did not lose her job, but i dont think it made her life any better.

Every since I saw this happen in real life, I closed my twitter, linkedin, myspace accounts and made sure no one can see anything about me on facebook...

I mean, this happens every couple of weeks, if not more in Japan right now.Its really scary...
^--WTF...that's so messed. Are the lives of these housewives that messed up that they need to F* everyone's else's life. Are they that bored/miserable that they need to see other people miserable. It's really none of their F* business if a women is having an affair. If she gets caught...then she gets caught but making sure everyone around her knows and make her life miserable is too much.

Does this go with some kind of Japanese mentality to punish those that don't abide by traditions? I.e. be faithful to your husband?

Upvote 0

A wise policy.

The so called hunt depends on verification and cross-examination of the social networking accounts .It also is based on the theory "Everything on the internet is absolute truth " .
If however the information on the social networks is a mismatch ,the nosy housewives will have hard time deciding on which information is correct (Everyone wants to be right ;) )
e.g.
Facebook says my job as skunk breeder
LinkedIn has classified me as BDSM artist (model whatever )
Twitter tweets indicate I am into occult sciences .

If someone does call my relatives and say I am a skunk breeding BDSM cultist ,no one is going to believe it ...

Practical jokes for everyone :D .

Moral of the story : People should be educated about what information you provide on the internet .

Upvote 0
Skunks are cute.. Especially if his name is Pepe
Pepe-Le-Pew-pepe-le-pew-756044_388_335.gif

Upvote 0
What if this was the mentality of Americans. Haha. There would be a lot of punishment. ;)

I think its just a housewives going crazy kind of thing.
Especially when it comes to marriage, many people do it by default so its not surprising when either side gets bored and wonders off.
No that affairs are accepted, just, not uncommon.

A wise policy.

The so called hunt depends on verification and cross-examination of the social networking accounts .It also is based on the theory "Everything on the internet is absolute truth " .
If however the information on the social networks is a mismatch ,the nosy housewives will have hard time deciding on which information is correct (Everyone wants to be right ;) )
e.g.
Facebook says my job as skunk breeder
LinkedIn has classified me as BDSM artist (model whatever )
Twitter tweets indicate I am into occult sciences .

If someone does call my relatives and say I am a skunk breeding BDSM cultist ,no one is going to believe it ...

Practical jokes for everyone :D .

Moral of the story : People should be educated about what information you provide on the internet .

i did think about that!
It would be funny to put together a bunch of IDs on SNSs and try to make them hunt you down.
But I dont think I am smart enough to pull it off ...

Reactions: Rush
Upvote 0
I noticed that the movie 2012 comes on quite often since the start of this year...what are they trying to do... Scare us or something? I don't think any one will ever live long enough to see this world comes to an end. This generation will come to an end - and the beginning for the next. Amen. :)

Now that you mention it, there are quite a few movies we missed in Japan because the scenes reminds people too much of the earthquake and tsunami. 2012 was one. And what was the other movie with twins and tsunami and one of the town dies etc..
I do nt even remember the title because the posters and tv trailers were taken away so quickly.

Upvote 0
True!
In 2chan, the biggest forum site in japan, we have a genre thats for married women, and they are sccccaaaarrry.
If you step on their toes, they will research the hell out of you, and they are accurate as hell.

Most of the times they are motivated by jealousy...
And when they move in packs online, the whole group dynamic tends to make their research accurate. ( they cross reference each other, check up to see if info is accurate etc)

That's just creepy.. lol

Upvote 0
Read this: Tap/click show.

[Hide]People say i have changed so much.
Well...here's the truth. I grew up, i stopped letting people push me around all the time. I learned that you can't always be happy. I accepted reality.
Whatever mistakes we have made our only way out is to move forward.
LIFE is like a flute, it may have many holes and emptiness but if you work on it carefully, it can play magical melodies~
Avoiding problems you need to face is avoiding the life you need to live~
Running away from any problem only increases the distance from the solution. The easiest way to escape from a problem is to solve it. This is life's proven formula, don't look back in regret but move on with hope.[/Hide]

Reactions: 9to5cynic
Upvote 0
What do you (guys) have to say about this. Yes, I'm letting the ladies on a well kept secret. :D

"4 biggest lies from a guy mouth 1. I'm not the type of guy. 2. I won't hurt you. 3. I'm sorry. 4. It'll never happen again."

Oddly enough those same lies from a woman can be equally hurtful. It's not gender dependent and it's no secret.

Upvote 0
One of the first things a smart girl learns is not to be too trusting of pretty words.
I am pretty sure I learned that in the 7th grade, and those lessons have proven useful to this very day.
As Luna said though, it works both ways.;)
If not pretty words, then how could I tell you how beautiful, intelligent, & sophisticated you are. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones