1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root A tip for MMS on also roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by exgenmeikoj, Jan 15, 2014.

1. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast
    None

Hello all I have a tip for.you
    Now a while back o had a friend flash his HTC to cyanogenmod 9 he was still on ICS
    But he lost his ability to send picture mail it wouldn't go through so I swooped around the net trying to help him fix. I've tried many apps and read many forms nothing worked

So I went back into APn settings deleted any and apns hit the menu button and restored factory default rebooted and he was able to.send and receive MMS again but due to 4g being so super slow on tmobile I had the camara quality turned down fairly and had the max megabytes being able to be sent on the highest it takes a good min for it to send but it worked. I found out you can send any where from 1kb to 2 MBS depending highly on network connection.

Anyway needless to say I don't own a HTC but I found out this little trick and got Payed a few bucks to go get a beer where later I fuxked up my APN somehow so I did the something from his to mine and it worked!!

So I hope this helps you all out a whole lot and makes it easier I didn't check to see if this was something already mentioned or not I assumed it wasn't cause I would of read the that thread. Anyway thank you all and good luck with such a wonderful phone

-genx

Advertisement

scotty85 likes this.
  2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 7, 2012
    School
    Bronx NY
    Thanks for the tip.
    dont know if anyone really has this phone anymore lol.
    APN settings are also used for data connectivity so make sure your always on stock settings unless you unlocked your phone and had to use a new APN.

scotty85 likes this.
  3. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast
    None

No problem, and I'm sure a lot still have it bit the apns I fixed it on cyanogenmod it worked just fine I forgot which ICS ROM he was using I think something by the name of star shock or some shit idk anyway the thing that got me was for his T-Mobile USA account he had no 4g LTE he only had standard plan so all the apns on the net didn't work in any combination but when I restored factory default apns inside the APN app itself it made 2 apns one for data and one for MMS after a reboot everything worked.

scotty85 likes this.
Tags: