• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A tip for new Android users Alarms/Tones/notifications.

ManMythLegend

Sep 3, 2009
I notice a few questions spread through threads.

For setting your own Alarms , notifications , ringtones.

Using Astro or any good filemanager.

Create this folder structure.

media>audio> ((media folder with the audio folder within it))

within the audio folder create these folders
notifications /alarms /ringtones
All lower case.

place this on the root of your SD card.

Once done you can place any compatible ringtone within the corresponding folder.

These should now show up on your list when selecting audio alerts.

i want to use a few songs as ringtones, so having ringtones in my music player doesn't bother me. my problem is that the songs i want to use are in the music player; i know they're there, because i've listened to them. but when i want to select one as a ringtone for my gf, it's not on the ringtone list. how do i fix that?

and how does 'root of the sd card' apply to me since i'm on a mac?

Upvote 0
i want to use a few songs as ringtones, so having ringtones in my music player doesn't bother me. my problem is that the songs i want to use are in the music player; i know they're there, because i've listened to them. but when i want to select one as a ringtone for my gf, it's not on the ringtone list. how do i fix that?

media/audio/ringtones

put anything you want to be able to select as a ringtone in there. Then they will NOT show up in music player (a good thing IMO).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones