• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A very odd problem

Lately my battery has been... frankly... shit. It doesn't last 3 hours, and it has odd behaviour. While I'm texting, actively using data, and having the screen on, the battery is normal life, while it's asleep in my pocket, it's worse than actively using 3G, GPS, Max Brightness, BLuetooth, and the speaker. I used to be able to be actively using it all day, then one day, I update to Kaosfroyo v38, and my battery went down the drain. Please help me fix this.

Hopefully it will effect the ROM by making your battery life better. :)
The kernal sits 'below' the ROM in phone's memory, as such it will have some effect on the ROM. However there shouldn't be any visible changes, nor should you have to download/restore programs after the new kernal. That said, it would be prudent to make a nand backup before you do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones