1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

A watch face challenge for all!

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by spartanodst, Mar 9, 2015.

1. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Oh, I see why its not working. Remember when I said that if the indicator and hotword location were not at the top, then it would force the smaller peek cards? That's what is happening. If you change both of those to the top right location it works. I can make the change in the app but don't have my computer so it won't be until tomorrow. Its a quick fix if you don't want to wait. Let me know if you still need me to do this apk revision.

Advertisement

2. spartanodst

spartanodst Newbie
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    I'll definitely give it a shot when I have some time, but I might not have any today. Either way, waiting or doing it myself is fine. It's just a matter of if I have time to our not.

3. UBRocked

None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    So I went in to the settings and set this up so it would use the large peek cards with peek cards showing when ambient, and moved the icons and hotword location to the top right for each.

I updated the apk and you can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh9ryqw2fbeyw7i/ShootingStar Beta v3.1.apk?dl=0

The thing is...I don't know that this will actually work. You may still have to go in and make this change yourself. Let me know if it actually changes the peek cards for you.

4. spartanodst

spartanodst Newbie
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Yeah, you're right. It doesn't work. I downloaded it, and it doesn't show up on Watchmaker Premium, Android Wear or my watch itself.

5. UBRocked

None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    It didn't install because you had a previous version of the app installed. You can uninstall and then reinstall the new one.

But below is still the simplest and fastest solution.

You just need to go into the watch, click on customize, then scroll down to the bottom. Click on the icons button and then set the location to the top right. Do the same for the "OK google" hotword. Then go into card settings and make sure "large cards" & "show in ambient" are selected. These are settings that you control from your end.

6. UBRocked

None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
  7. spartanodst

spartanodst Newbie
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Male
    Hey! Sorry I've been aft the past few days. My professors all decide it's a good idea to give exams all on the same week! I will try the modifications now!

UBRocked likes this.
  8. kerrins

kerrins Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2012
    I'm looking for something like this. It's a little too boring for even me, but I'm mostly looking for functional. I have to call people in SF, London and Singapore so I'm looking to select three locations. I would like to know the weather in each location, temperature at a minimum, but clouds or other weather stuff would be cool too. Watch battery data and phone battery data. I didn't have any luck finding cool icons, but the words look boring. I generally go with a darker wallpaper since it saves on the battery. Can anyone make something like this?
    upload_2015-5-5_16-37-23.png