1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A way to avoid accidentally brushing the back or menu button?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by musiclover7, Nov 25, 2012.

1. musiclover7

musiclover7 Well-Known Member

I have owned my S3 from sprint for about 3 days. So far, I am loving everything about it and see it as a huge improvement over my old Blackberry Torch, with one exception. I keep accidentally tapping the back and menu buttons on the bottom of the screen... This seems to be happening at random lame times, like when I want to turn landscape to take a video, or share a video with a friend, etc... Is there a simple way to make these buttons a tad less sensitive, or is it something S3 users just have to get used to and learn to avoid? Any help appreciated!!

2. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

Hi and welcome,
    yeah I keep doing the same too.especially when using it in
    landscape.
    as far as I know there isn't a way to alter the
    keys

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

You get used to it. Learning to hold it right

4. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Android Enthusiast

I see what you did there...

5. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

As others said, you adjust with time and practice. Personally though I wish they had just used real buttons.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I've hit it occasionally myself. I would prefer physical buttons that require some pressure. Lately, I've just gotten used to holding it in a way to avoid hitting it. It just takes some getting used to.

7. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Most of the Android phones today are similar in terms of capacitive buttons, you need to get used to it :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews