1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A way to fake Google Play's existence?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Poop4092, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Poop4092

Poop4092 Lurker

I am not using Google Play services, but many games seem to require authentication with that or else they crash (Temple Run 2). Is there a known way to trick / spoof all apps into thinking it has Google Play with fake info system wide?

No this is not discussion whether I will use Google Play. I will not. Please only reply if you have a solution. My phone: Galaxy S5

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

No, I'm afraid not.

mikedt, tube517 and scary alien like this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Download the game from another official source, like Amazon AppStore. The versions on the Amazon Store won't look for Google Play AFAIK. They'd look for Amazon Store to be installed though.

psionandy, tube517 and mikedt like this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Our official version of Temple Run 2 doesn't require Google Play. But it does require a +86 China Unicom phone number for SMS billing though, for in-app purchases.
    [​IMG]

#4 mikedt, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  5. TMacgnolia

TMacgnolia Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you are trying to use a cracked app.

6. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

I can really relate to Google play requirement frustration. I pay for all my apps but would love to still be able to play them if I run outta phone service/time. [emoji41]

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Google Play requirement has nothing to do with your problem. Temple Run 2 can be played offline on a tablet or phone with no SIM as long as Google Play Services is installed. Any app that requires online service to play, you take it up with the devs.

8. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

OK.. First off, I'm not in 1st grade so Temple Run isn't even appealing to me and not everyone likes that game or those style games. I like more in depth games with better graphics and plotline. What makes you think I'd even WANT to play a game like that?! [emoji48] Second, I was just sympathizing with the guy due to so many games needing Google Play to even function and 90% of those also require constant internet connection even when there's whole Gigs of files it needed to DL to run in the 1st place. So yeah.. I sympathize. [emoji49]

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Still nothing to do with Google Play Services. Requiring Google Play Services installed to work has nothing to do with the game needed to be online to play, unless it is an online game to begin with. In cases as you describe, it's the developers who put that requirement in the game, like GameEvil who made their new games require to be online without any reason why they really need to be. Temple Run was just an example. Dungeon Hunter 3 did not need to be online but requires Google Play services. The 4th installment to that series suddenly added the online requirement for no real necessary reason.

MAS Googler and bcrichster like this.
  10. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Good info, Ty- @chanchan05 , you hit the nail on the head for me.. DH3 isn't online required?

scary alien likes this.
  11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Last I played it, no. But that was 2 years ago. No idea if they did an update that made it need one.

bcrichster likes this.