• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A windows mobile feature I miss.

ThomasAn

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
On Win 6.5 the volume had two themes.
a) No headphones connected
b) Headphones connected

When you connect headphones all volume levels switch to headphone mode and any changes you do are remembered. When headphones are unplugged it goes back to standard mode.

Android doesn't have this as far as I can tell. Am I wrong ? Is there an app or some other way to enable it ?

I have a rooted phone, but I believe its the same. check your settings their are several options including; media, ringtone, bluetooth, ect. and all the volumes can be set differently. My g1 does it automatically, so when you are receiving a call and adjust the volume it adjusts the ringtone volume only, not the media, bluetooth, ect.

Upvote 0
I have a rooted phone, but I believe its the same. check your settings their are several options including; media, ringtone, bluetooth, ect. and all the volumes can be set differently. My g1 does it automatically, so when you are receiving a call and adjust the volume it adjusts the ringtone volume only, not the media, bluetooth, ect.
All these settings (the entire collection) is one theme in a win mobile phone. When you connect a headphones jack, then the entire collection auto-adjusts to the headphones mode (a different set of media, ringtone, volumes etc)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones