• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a year to go still

Yeah, best to be in a good frame of mind - I adjusted my mtd boot and upgraded Redux after midnight recently, and it took two goes to do it as I made a silly mistake first time round.

If you read through the steps and make sure you have everything you need to hand (or downloaded and know where it is), then just taking it one step at a time gets you there. Each step on it's own is pretty simple - it's looking at the list that makes it seem daunting.

Upvote 0
Just a quick question while people are talking about rooting help for newbies (like me) is it essential that you have to sync during the rooting process? having problems syncing (as I have highlighted in another thread) Just wondering if I can still root without syncing my phone

you don't sync infact uninstal that if you have it you need the hboot driver for when the phone is on the hboot screen (power on phone while holding down volume)different things mate.. Read SU's rooting guide :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones