• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A10s/A107m stuck on Bootloop.

PoolMan

Lurker
Jul 20, 2020
Hi folks!

I am a luker or a stalker!! I have an A10s, Samsung. I managed to unlock the bootloader :)cool:) only took me 3 days!

I wanted to flash TWRP, instead I have flashed the wrong recovery and am now stuck in a boot loop - the screen doesn't turn on. I know the phone is doing something, if I connect it to my laptop, I hear the connection sound/disconnection sound, and it appears for a split second in my devices.

Here is what I think - let the battery run out, then try and boot to downloader and reload the stock ROM? I am at my wits end - my celebration on unlocking the bootloader was short lived, and my problem is worse! Please if anyone can help! I fear I just created a paperweight!

I am not overly knowledgeable, any idiot proof help or advice would be appreciated! (Even if it is just to tell me to throw the phone away - at least I will know)

THANKS!

Last edited:
Instead of forcing the battery to run down, try holding down the Power button continuously, until that forces your phone to either power off or restart.
Then if you can restart in its Download mode you can flash the appropriate stock Samsung ROM.
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a10/download-mode/
Be sure to use the correct ROM. Like the Recovery, they are not interchangeable. Obtain the ROM that matches your A10s model and the original carrier.
By flashing the wrong Recovery, if you're lucky you only soft-bricked your phone and flashing a stock Samsung ROM will also install a stock Samsung Recovery. If you hard-bricked it though, that can be more of a problem.

Reactions: PoolMan and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
as long as you can get into download mode, you should be fine. just got to sammobile.com and get the CORRECT firmware for your device. as you are finding out, you have to make sure you are using the right file for your device.

once you have the file downloaded you will need to use odin to install the firmware. there should be instructions on sammobile when you download the firmware. if not come back here and we can guide you thru it.

Reactions: PoolMan
Upvote 0
as long as you can get into download mode, you should be fine. just got to sammobile.com and get the CORRECT firmware for your device. as you are finding out, you have to make sure you are using the right file for your device.

once you have the file downloaded you will need to use odin to install the firmware. there should be instructions on sammobile when you download the firmware. if not come back here and we can guide you thru it.

Thank you. My main worry - right now I cannot boot to anything, the only way I know it is working is the noise when it connects/disconnects to my laptop. Letting the battery run out then trying again? I can't see any other way to 'access' my phone

Upvote 0
Thank you. My main worry - right now I cannot boot to anything, the only way I know it is working is the noise when it connects/disconnects to my laptop. Letting the battery run out then trying again? I can't see any other way to 'access' my phone
try as what @svim suggested....power it off by holding the power button for a long period of time. then try to boot into download mode.

Upvote 0
Oh boy. So I pressed the on/off button for ages, and nothing. I plugged it into my laptop and it still connects disconnects.

I really appreciate this...and I am TRYING NOT TO PANIC
then you might have to try your original idea of getting to power down by draining the battery. you can charge it, and then try to boot into the download mode.

Upvote 0
Nada, so I held all 3 buttons then connected the cable. I tried holding vol+ and vol- and then plugging the cable in and nothing. :(:mad: In my devices it still shows up briefly as MediaTek - but it just wont' stay 'there'
from the link @svim provided:
HardReset.info: In the second step when SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Down + Volume Up and plug Type-C USB cable connected with PC into mobile.

so it is just the volume buttons which there is 2 not 3 buttons and plug in the usb type c cable.

Reactions: James L
Upvote 0
You could probably just flash the stock recovery but that would require unpacking the .tar and other steps. Stick to flashing the stock rom.
I tried holding both volume buttons and the on/off button. I have tried the 2 volume buttons then plugging into laptop It is a micro USB not a type C (if that makes any difference, I don't know)
Does the battery come out or can you power it off?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I would flash the stock recovery but can't boot into anything. When I plug it into the laptop it briefly shows up as a device then goes away and will repeat this as long as it is plugged in

No it is sealed. I left it unplugged from yesterday to try and run the battery out.
Hold just power with it disconnected you should feel it vibrate when it powers off. Then hold volume down while connecting the cable it should go into download mode.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones