• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A110 with Tegra 3 and Jelly Bean

Future Shop in Canada has had them for sale for almost two weeks now and I bought one the first day they were in stock near me.

I am quite impressed with it. Good solid build quality and runs the OS and apps very smoothly. Sure, the display isn't quite as nice as the Nexus 7 or maybe my HP Touchpad, but is much better than my cheap Chinese tablet. And I really wanted the extenal storage and HDMI. Netflix works great over HDMI to the TV, and my son connects it to the TV to play games. It has a standard micro-HDMI port, so I didn't have to by an adaptor.

I would definitely recommend this one if you want external storage or HDMI.

Reactions: RadYOacTiVe
Upvote 0
How are the viewing angles. They were pretty bad with the A100.

Future Shop in Canada has had them for sale for almost two weeks now and I bought one the first day they were in stock near me.

I am quite impressed with it. Good solid build quality and runs the OS and apps very smoothly. Sure, the display isn't quite as nice as the Nexus 7 or maybe my HP Touchpad, but is much better than my cheap Chinese tablet. And I really wanted the extenal storage and HDMI. Netflix works great over HDMI to the TV, and my son connects it to the TV to play games. It has a standard micro-HDMI port, so I didn't have to by an adaptor.

I would definitely recommend this one if you want external storage or HDMI.

Upvote 0
The viewing angle isn't anything special, but it's fine for me, don't plan on spending much time viewing it at an angle, the sd card slot and hdmi out are it's main selling features for me, although thanks acer limitations, apps can't be moved to the sd card :/

Over all I'm very please with it, the price wasn't bad either, $200CND on sale, vs $239 or $269CND for the nexus 7 16GB or 32GB respectively. As far as I can tell the only major difference between the two is the lower quality of the screen and screen resolution, the storage space, the addition of HDMI out on the a110, and 4.2 on the Nexus 7 vs 4.1.1 on the a110. The a110's processor is slightly slower, clocking at 1.2GHz where the Nexus 7 makes 1.3GHz, but the difference is negligible.

If I were forced to comment on which is better, all I could say is it depends on your preference, for me, the expandable memory (which once there's a root for the device will become infinitely more useful) and HDMI out sold me on the a110. If you need the nicer display and the quickest OS updates however, then the Nexus 7 is what your after. As far as I'm concerned, on a 7" display, the a110 looks fine to me, but there is a noticeable difference.

As far as the tv output goes, I have not tried it yet, but I will be back later to comment on it's output resolution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones