1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

A200 sure seems bricked, but I believe it's repairable.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twithers, Aug 14, 2013.

1. twithers

twithers Lurker

After loading my Motorola Xoom with CM 10.1 to get JB 4.2.2, it was such a straight-forward process and great operating system, that I decided to do it on my Acer Iconia A200 as well. I had done it on one with no problems, how hard could it be a 2nd time, right? Well, there in lies the pitfalls of assumption.

I started out with a stock ICS 4.0.3 ROM and went with Simple Tool to unlock and root. After completing the process, my tab would hang on the "IconiaTab" boot screen.

Since then I have tried multiple .IMG's through fastboot, CMW and TWRP recoveries, loading JB ROM's, loading stock recovery's and any other option I was given to get past the boot screen.

I have spent 3 solid days searching through any and every thread I could find on all the Acer, Android and XDA sites around. At times leaving me with "unrecoverable bootload error" and others, with the hang on the "IconiaTab" page, but never past that.

As of now, if I simply power on the tab, it says "Bootloader Version 0.03.06-ICS (Unlock Mode)" in the upper left corner and hangs up on the initial Acer boot screen. I can get into TWRP recovery and fastboot.

I am past the initial "noob" stage of android development, but I am not even remotely an "expert", so any help you could give me would be great, and the more steps and descriptions, the better.

Thanks.
    EDIT /

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mrhelper

Mrhelper Well-Known Member

First ensure that any ROM you choose to flash is compatible with the bootloader you install. Attempting to determine that through trial and error may be very frustrating and time consuming.

3. snowwy66

snowwy66 Member

was there any success???? since the question was 4 weeks old.

i'm in the same dillema. no way to get ANY rom loaded. and all i really want is stock.

cwm 5.5.0.4 and twrp. i've tried EVERYTHING.

unless my problem has to do with my sandisc class 4 sdhc.

4. go to the acertabletforums a200, under the hacking section, look for the post titled "For anyone having problem with rooting, here is an option" follow the steps.

the current rom i'm using is the [ROM] Android 4.3 (CM10.2 Unofficial) for A200, works awesome if ya follow the steps listed in one of the later posts, page 4, post 39, used the gapps from the op posting.

never bothered to post before, so can't post the direct links, but that rom is well worth the trouble to install it, long as ya don't need the mic that is, otherwise use the jellytime r3 one, that was the one I had on before and worked decently.

edit: opps, didn't relize the date was so old on these, ugh, lol, sorry for necro threading something

Acer Iconia Tab A200 Forum

The Acer Iconia Tab A200 release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 2MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor, and 3260mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews