1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

aahhh , WiFi on of

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snox187, Jan 16, 2010.

1. snox187

snox187 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    So am in front room , router two metres away , can connect to WiFi with full signal but seems to disconnect every thirty seconds , doin my head in and can't understand why this happens when showing full signal strength , any ideas why this happening ?

Advertisement

2. lekky

lekky Lover

Whats the make of router? Have you got the latest Hero firmware installed? GSM or Sprint Hero?

3. snox187

Dec 2, 2009
    UK orange hero , belkin n router through virgin internet , believe latest firm ware as only had one month and when checked it matched the latest

4. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Try setting the router to G-mode (or mixed B/G), reboot it and see if that helps.

5. JODmeister

JODmeister Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I use the Belkin N1.

I have read that N routers cause problems. Make sure to have router set to b g and n standards and not just n.

I also have mine set jointly on AES/TPK

JOD.

6. snox187

Dec 2, 2009
    How do I change settings on router and by doing this will it in any way affect how my lap top surfs the net .

7. chrisk

chrisk Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I have the same router, set to all modes B,G and N. I can be in the front room, and barely recieve a signal. It would be nice to isolate the problem to this router, but I can't. We have a wireless network at the office, that all my isheep fanboy work mates can access at full strengh, and my hero can barely see...

I have the latest orange firmware installed.

Tags: