• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ABCindicate comes to Optimus M

aboatright

Android Expert
Aug 24, 2011
Orlando,FL
ABCindicate has begun expanding its list of phones to begin building for. We started work in the Samsung Admire and have branched to the Samsung Conquer, Lg Esteem and as we begin our progression the Optimus M is being added to the list. I personally am very excited to see what ABC can offer the Optimus because I made my start on this phone and loved every step of the way.
We here at ABCindicate humble and ask that we may join your forums and threads and work together with the existing developers to create new and exciting roms to add to the already expansive and superior rom collection that the optimus has already amassed.
We look forward to what we can learn and what we can help with.
Thanks
aboatright3605 member of
ABCindicate
It's your phone, It's your rom, It's as easy as ABCindicate.

Reactions: alfick3 and sammyz
check your pms[/Q

Got em flashing now i let you know whats up soon

thanks

1. A+ can't it to remember my Gmaill account constant for close on gapps. Wifi OK. I will keep checking hardware
2. Joy stuck at 2nd log boot screen will try a new recovery after work.
3.CM7 by far the most stable zeam comes up blank, just added a shortcut to nav, also when you lock the phone it won't wake up unless you let the phone deep sleep will play with lock screen, wifi good , send/receive SMS phone calls

I will also try all with different recovery
But those are big issues so far

Upvote 0
check your pms[/Q

Got em flashing now i let you know whats up soon

thanks

1. A+ can't it to remember my Gmaill account constant for close on gapps. Wifi OK. I will keep checking hardware
2. Joy stuck at 2nd log boot screen will try a new recovery after work.
3.CM7 by far the most stable zeam comes up blank, just added a shortcut to nav, also when you lock the phone it won't wake up unless you let the phone deep sleep will play with lock screen, wifi good , send/receive SMS phone calls

I will also try all with different recovery
But those are big issues so far
for the cm7 try the cyanogen settings and go to animations and turn on to off and off to on.
Which boot animation did you see on joy?
The zeam was meant to be empty on boot. Clean slate to build your own homepage. :)
and the google gapp thing is odd...but i know what to do to fix that.
Thanks for your assist.

Upvote 0
for the cm7 try the cyanogen settings and go to animations and turn on to off and off to on.
Which boot animation did you see on joy?
The zeam was meant to be empty on boot. Clean slate to build your own homepage. :)
and the google gapp thing is odd...but i know what to do to fix that.
Thanks for your assist.

the same lg animation on the a+

Upvote 0
My no service reviews:

A+:
1.To start, the bootanimation scared the life out of me lmao, it was cool though after i realized its just the animation.
2.Wifi worked fine, all else seem's to work fine so far. I also tried installing 1 or 2 apps didnt get any FC's, we'll have to see later on.
3.Wasn't able to try Google apps (No service)
4.The launcher is pretty cool, a little hard to get used to but nothing big.
5. Getting an error message about the google music at start and when holding power button to get the phone options.
Suggestions:
1. Icons aren't pleasant to watch, it will be cool to have them replaced with more simple and clean ones. Also the iphone looking ones in the notifications bar.

Overall i would use it, it ran smooth.

CM7:
1. A+ for the choice on the bootanimation...my fav.
2. Wasn't able to get passed the "Touch the android to begin." Buttons didn't do anything neither. (Flashed 2 times with full wipe.)

Joy:
1.Didn't go pass the LG logo.

Upvote 0
My no service reviews:

A+:
1.To start, the bootanimation scared the life out of me lmao, it was cool though after i realized its just the animation.
2.Wifi worked fine, all else seem's to work fine so far. I also tried installing 1 or 2 apps didnt get any FC's, we'll have to see later on.
3.Wasn't able to try Google apps (No service)
4.The launcher is pretty cool, a little hard to get used to but nothing big.
5. Getting an error message about the google music at start and when holding power button to get the phone options.
Suggestions:
1. Icons aren't pleasant to watch, it will be cool to have them replaced with more simple and clean ones. Also the iphone looking ones in the notifications bar.

Overall i would use it, it ran smooth.

CM7:
1. A+ for the choice on the bootanimation...my fav.
2. Wasn't able to get passed the "Touch the android to begin." Buttons didn't do anything neither. (Flashed 2 times with full wipe.)

Joy:
1.Didn't go pass the LG logo.
oh snap..did i put the lcars bootanimation in A+....lol...i like that one!!! a real b@#$% to resize..
The icons are apart of the Singularity release..its the theme...however these 3 are just the beginning and only one theme with 3 different bases.
The plan is to port either all 30 of the existing roms from admire or start fresh and produce new themes that spread across the list of devices for ABC. Either way it means lots and lots of choices...I honestly want to make the next build be either the optimus version of the admires Cobalt rom or Vip-a-rom or one of my favorites. P.U.T.U. the power user travel unit rom. :)

keep it coming with the testing if you please.. anyone else care to take part in the fun??

Upvote 0
Back to a+ there's no message or dialer apk and when wifi connects the browser stops loading web pages. Trying to get the market and terminal on now to see about adding some things.

Just got joy up and running same issue with no message or dialer as well as wifi as the A+ ( used the orange CWM recovery this time)

CM7 turning off screen on animation don't work still no picture messages either

Upvote 0
I am reuploading a few new versions of the builds..i will have to come back to the joy version. Working on an additional build using joneidy base should have it up sometime soon. I will pm anybody who wants to try the new build..not much changes wanted to work on one thing at a time..I am currently trying to juggle about 10 so its getting a bit confusing as to what i changed and need to change....lol...

Upvote 0
I am reuploading a few new versions of the builds..i will have to come back to the joy version. Working on an additional build using joneidy base should have it up sometime soon. I will pm anybody who wants to try the new build..not much changes wanted to work on one thing at a time..I am currently trying to juggle about 10 so its getting a bit confusing as to what i changed and need to change....lol...

Not a problem man and thank you for your input into the forum glad to see any and all progress

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones