1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ability to set S-Note Preferences?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dropkick03, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dropkick03

dropkick03 Lurker
    None

Jan 31, 2014
    I just got the Note 10.1 2014 last week and have been using it everyday. I began this semester taking notes on it for the first time. I have been loving S Note for taking notes in my math and physics courses. The ability ti transform into a formula, or transform into shapes is great.

I am however looking for help. I would like to be able to set some kind of preferences in S Note. I'd like it if I could set default specs for fonts. I hate transforming handwritten text into typed text, and have it be such big font. I then have to go and resize it myself every single time. Is there a way to set this as the default?

Also, the palm recognition is decent, but I don't like having to toolbars hidden in S Note, which means my palm ends up pressing the "Previous/Next Page" button, or the "Insert Item" button. Also, it sometimes hits the scrolling tracks on the bottom. Is there a way to move these things to different locations on the screen. I think S Note is really well thought out, with the exception of the placement of these few things.

Also, I've heard of other great apps for note taking. I haven't got a chance to use them. Does anyone know if they can transform written text to typed? Or transform markings into shapes or formulas?

Thanks ahead!

Advertisement

2. ChrisENote

ChrisENote Member
    None

Oct 5, 2012
    UK
    Having same problems.

What I have done is create a note with just 1 page, set font, line spacing etc as I like it for main body and heading box, and date box. I also created a lined background with better margin and line spacing and put that in using the change background feature .

I save that, then go to edit pages and I copy paste that page to create a blank note book with the settings I like. This is saved as my template so I start with a blank doc with my favourite settings each time. I would like to add this to the S-Note templates so I can access it via the + button but have to open the template doc instead and save it with a diff name.

With regard to handwriting to text, s-note has its own method which puts the text into a "text box" or the standard method from the keyboard where you select type, speech or handwriting mode and simply overlays the text on the page without text boxes. I tend to use the later and that is available for most apps as it's part of the samsung keyboard (I guess?) So that is also available in lecture notes which has so many more features such as layers, Index etc. However I found the learning curve to steep for me right now. my Note 2 had a S- Note update recently which added cool features like Index page l hope it comes out for 10.1.

Chris