1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Abnormal reboot on sensation

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jaybo1973, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Android Expert

Hi all
    My Sensation just rebooted on it's own and when it came back up there was a notification circle on top with an exclamation mark. When I clicked on it, the message said: "There was an abnormal reset, do you want to tell HTC" This has happened a couple of times now. Only recently though. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I think you might be able to disable that error message at settings > about phone. Not sure, I've seen this issue mentioned on multiple HTC phones so hard telling what OS each of them were running. Basically, I'd say you're getting random reboots for some reason and that's HTC's way of getting user sent bug reports.

So if it continues to reboot randomly, I'd use a log app such as alogcat or similar and try and pin down what's causing it. With any luck it's an app misbehaving. Next I'd try a factory reset, if that doesn't work, save the contents of the sdcard, then reformat it to fat32 using a PC to do so and if that fails, replace the battery. If all that fails, it's most likely a hardware issue and a repair or replacement is the remaining option.