• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

about anti theft avg

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

i have already lost (stolen ) my android device ( sony xperia tipo st21i ) & i hv already activated anti theft ( AVG anti-theft )......but i want to know ....is there any facility that whenever the thief will open my device with another sim or without sim,...so this anti theft avg account will automatically send me the EMAIL on my email address with the user sim number & location ???????????????????????????????????

Welcome!

I can't say I have used their app, but if a user can format the phone, the app will be gone.
From their Play Store description, I see that you can lock the phone remotely, but there is no mention of emailing. The security apps are based on your knowing you lost the phone and acting before the thief can erase everything.

So, I would say the answer is no.

Hope to see you around the forums!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones