• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help about Battery???

I jus got a new LG revolution 4G phone and its great.....BUT....it seems to have very poor battery life.....i've only had it for 3 days and a fully chaged phone, with VERY minimul use, din even survive to 6:00 at night (turned it on at about 8:00 in the mourning).....bah, is something wrong with my battery? will the life span eventually get greater with use? or am I gonna be stuck with such a short battery life????

I've used JuiceDefender too, but I had a problem with the radios not always waking up on incoming calls. I'd find the phone unresponsive to the dialer, then reboot it (which would wake the radios) and find several missed calls. The Gingerbread update did more for battery life than JuiceDefender and I've been okay since. - MarkC

Upvote 0
My first Revo wouldn't keep a charge for more than three hours, even with everything turned off. Verizon swapped it out for me, but I still could not get a full 8 hour day out of it. I got the extended battery AND started using Juice Defender, and now it performs more or less as I expected.

I am hearing a lot of folks say that the new 4G phones all have this issue of short battery life, even if you aren't in a 4G market. I bought this phone because I didn't want to have a phone that was "end-of-lifed" (no more updates) before my contract ran out, but the battery life issue has really disillusioned me on the 4G phones for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones