• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About Chrome and the Nexus 10

kristalsoldier

Android Enthusiast
Jul 6, 2011
Hi all...

I have been using both for a while now - well, since the N10 was release and I got one for myself. In addition to Chrome, I also use - only to try though - Dolphin (Jetpack) and Boat. The latter seem quite fast etc.

The question I have, however, is about Chrome. Is it true that Chrome uses more battery? I ask this because it seems that when I use Chrome (say, with a max of three tabs open at the same time), the battery expenditure seems a bit high. Of course, this is all very unscientific - I am just going by what I see and no benchmarks or anything.

But for your folks (especially those who do use the N10), can you confirm it? When I say Chrome uses more, I mean compared to Dolphin and Boat.

While I would like to use the others more extensively, the problem is the syncing capabilities of Chrome which I use - almost always - on my desktop. It also means that all my bookmarks etc are in sync. I tried to import them into the other two browsers - it worked on Boat, but not in Dolphin (some were imported, but most were not - I don't know what I am doing wrong though).

Anyways, I'd like your views on the Chrome and battery expenditure matter.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones