1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

? about OTA update in general (not another froyo ?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MD Ever, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MD Ever

MD Ever New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    So I've only had my Droid for about a month and it's my first smart phone. Love it btw. I tried searching for this but didn't see anything so I'll just ask. I rooted my phone just to try it out. Was easy and didn't run into any problems at the time. Due to a completely unrelated issue I ended up flashing everything back to stock 2.0.1. Still no problems and everything works correctly (for stock 2.0.1). My ? is, should it automatically update to 2.1 with an OTA update and if so, how long should it take before I'm prompted to update? I have been running 2.0.1 for 3 or 4 days and it has not prompted me to update. Sorry for the noob question.

BTW, I used RSD lite and a stock sbf to reflash back to 2.0.1 and my recovery screen is back to stock so I'm pretty sure I'm not rooted anymore.

Advertisement

2. GhostInTheDark

GhostInTheDark Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Sales
    Jersey Shore. No, not the show.
    The 2.1 OTA is no longer available. I've seen around here somewhere (I think in the root section), a 2.1 sbf...I'd have to look around there, but I'd suggest that as a starting point for you as well.