1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

? about OTA update in general (not another froyo ?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MD Ever, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MD Ever

MD Ever Lurker

So I've only had my Droid for about a month and it's my first smart phone. Love it btw. I tried searching for this but didn't see anything so I'll just ask. I rooted my phone just to try it out. Was easy and didn't run into any problems at the time. Due to a completely unrelated issue I ended up flashing everything back to stock 2.0.1. Still no problems and everything works correctly (for stock 2.0.1). My ? is, should it automatically update to 2.1 with an OTA update and if so, how long should it take before I'm prompted to update? I have been running 2.0.1 for 3 or 4 days and it has not prompted me to update. Sorry for the noob question.

BTW, I used RSD lite and a stock sbf to reflash back to 2.0.1 and my recovery screen is back to stock so I'm pretty sure I'm not rooted anymore.

2. The 2.1 OTA is no longer available. I've seen around here somewhere (I think in the root section), a 2.1 sbf...I'd have to look around there, but I'd suggest that as a starting point for you as well.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews